10.11.05

A new plan (addendum)

Since I'm working longer hours (45 hours in four days this week so far), and I'm not taking lunches, I've decided I should start taking smoke breaks like everyone else does. It's a great opportunity just to stretch, get some outside air, and pull the headset out of my ear for a few moments. I really like kicking around in the leaves and the grass for 10 minutes or so and not worrying about how many people are waiting in line to talk to us (our phone queue has been rather heavy lately - more than we can possibly handle).

I'm not too keen on picking up cigarettes or taking a cigar smelling heavy of smoke the rest of the day, but I do have that terrific pipe I picked up in Savannah, and boy is that just the thing! I'm going to make a point of not making a habit of it, but 10 minutes of holding a pipe in your hand and looking at the sky can really center a fellow.

5 Comments:

At 20/11/05 10:07 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

hows all the work going?

 
At 21/11/05 7:56 AM, Blogger Woodster50 said...

Too much work! Too many roses to smell, and their essence transitions not the building in which you work!! Give up your lunch hour and leave work an hour earlier...that't the ticket!

 
At 21/11/05 4:12 PM, Blogger Wray Davis said...

Well, I've given up my lunch hour already... that's an extra hour of overtime. Hopefully I'll get some credit cards paid off soon, and then I won't have to work so many hours because we'll be able to start saving money.

So far the work is going well, though I do get tired and I pretty much have to go to sleep right after dinner. But I enjoy the weekends and my time with Kim all the more!

 
At 21/11/05 9:14 PM, Blogger anne said...

Hi Bryan,
I know you're busy working LOTS, but I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and miss your posts.

 
At 21/11/05 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Bry, I realized I can post on Wood's computer, duh only took me a week... anyway I tried to change my popups but it still didn't let me post on your blog. Looking forward to seeing you and Kim and Jenny (?) on thanksgiving

 

Post a Comment

<< Home