29.4.05

Todd is the man!

Todd and I both use gaim because it's good and free and open. We were discussing a way to play games across the internet, since I moved far away from California, and I suggested Todd write a plugin for gaim, since it's open and allows plugins and such. Since I'm not a programmer, the fact that it's compiled C++, and Todd writes in JavaScript, RPG, and other things like that didn't occur to me, but it's a problem.

It turns out that gaim also accepts Perl scripts on a limited basis, but Todd hadn't worked with Perl before. He didn't let that stop him. He did a little research, ran a few tests, and the next day, we had a fully functioning plugin.

Todd's the man!

1 Comments:

At 2/5/05 1:43 PM, Blogger Todd Waldorf said...

Thanks for the kind words

 

Post a Comment

<< Home