25.2.06

A Lulu recommendation

When I was first looking into Lulu.com as a place to self-publish, I thought I'd buy a book from the site to check on the quality. I came across The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect when I was looking for something in the same sort of area as my story, a genre which I like to congratulate myself into believing is "speculative fiction".

My recommendation of this book is strongly positive and negative. It's a very clever, well-written, interesting and captivating story. It is also filled with the worst examples of masturbatory sadism that I have ever, ever read. And I didn't even read them all. I recommend it anyway, especially since it's available for free online if you do a little googling (the author, like myself, is more interested in people reading the story than paying him), but if you vomit a bit while reading, don't say I didn't warn you. (Of course, you could always do what I did and start skimming when your sensibility restrictor puts your brain in blur mode.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home