11.12.05

Frost (etc.)


I spied this leaf at work Wednesday last week. I watched it for a while while I was smoking my pipe, and eventually plucked it. I like it. I kept it at work for a few days, then I brought it home and put it in a cup of water. After waffling on whether or not to throw it away, Kim suggested I press it in a book. So now it is safely between the pages of The Earth from Above in 356 Days.


A little mini-landscape in my front yard.



It's frozen each night the last week or so.


A couple of the nights we had rain, and the mud froze in this alien landscape.




If you get up early enough, the leaves are jewels.

3 Comments:

At 12/12/05 11:36 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

we have a gazillion jewels in our yard too. :)

i was never able to comment on your other post for some reason - but i wanted to tell kim i really liked the christmas tree too. and i agree about xmas.

 
At 13/12/05 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yahoo back to being able to post easily again.
Love the leaves. have to say I am not crazy about the ice and trying to maneuver on it, but it is gorgeous and you got some great pictures

 
At 20/12/05 9:14 PM, Blogger phdendron said...

It's a fine specimen of a leaf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home