4.6.05

This is not the blog we're looking for... Move Along, move along...

Several people have commented that my blog has been inactive lately, but that's only because I don't have too much of significance to post.

I haven't seen a movie since Star Wars (that's not entirely true - I watched a couple of DVD's: Nausicaa was disappointing, and Wicker Park was surprisingly good - this is a trend I've noticed in Kim's and my movie choices, but I'm not ready to own up to it just yet), and I've spent a very large chunk of the last few weeks playing various Xbox games (I finished Jade Empire once, then became hopelessly stuck in a glitch the second time through that, according to various sources on the internet, is impassible and would require a restart; now I'm working through Knights of the Old Republic II which is very good, but it's beginning to become buggy as well).

I've come across no new fauna, with the exception of a neighborhood cat, who indirectly caused a tiff between Eyeore and Buddha that left them hissing and spitting at each other for almost an entire week. They're good friends again now.

In other news, I've taken a first minute step down the road of professional artistry - a road I'll only meander a few paces down, I imagine. My first paid-for drawing is here. It's not terribly impressive, but it made the commissioner very happy, which is really what it's all about. Since I've only had the one commission so far, I've started working on a large-scale digital drawing in the vein of the Mist Lake Monastery, which has generated the most interest and is thus probably the most commercial. Since it is such a large picture, it will probably be several weeks more before I'm finished enough to post it on Deviant Art.

2 Comments:

At 4/6/05 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I really like the blue tones in the jacket (overcoat or whatever it is) great job

 
At 5/6/05 6:07 PM, Blogger anne said...

Wow, that's great, Bryan. I can't wait to see the next one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home