16.5.05

Philosophy: When I die

When I die, I'd like to be cremated, then scattered or lost or left behind or misplaced. I don't want a tombstone or marker, no shrine to the dead, no preservation of my body. I don't want any impedance to reincarnation.

I hope I'm remembered fondly, but only by the people who knew me, and only as a part of the past - the past which instructs and comforts, but does not control. If I'm remembered outside of my circle of family and friends, I hope it's as the author of a thought or story that is more important than my name.

Let any kindness shown to my memory be shown to the next generation, for that is where I am. I am immortal, but my consciousness is not. I make my future better by making the world better for my next incarnation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home