14.1.05

In Review: In America

Kim and I rented this movie from Blockbuster Online - actually, I picked it out, but for her. She watched it while I was at work, and we were going to send it back, but after my reception of Birth, she said I should really watch it.

She was right.

That kind of touching drama is not usually my favorite, but the little tastes of the supernatural kept me interested enough that I became caught up in the story. All of the actors are great - any of the parts could have been overplayed or underplayed, but they're all spot on, even the children. The story is not cloying or depressing, just engaging. I don't know that I can discuss much more without giving the story away - it's not that there are any real surprises, but the story can better tell itself. I really recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home