16.8.05

I had the best sandwich in the world*

I had the best sandwich in the world last night, and I made it myself. It was a Tuna Melt, which should be a surprise to no-one, as many of the better sandwiches in the world involve some kind of "melt". I had stopped off on the way home to buy some fresh Sourdough bread, which is somewhat hard to come by in Georgia. After thoroughly buttering each piece of bread, I let them sizzle for awhile on medium-heated flat pan. I started the melt pretty much right away with a slice of Pepperjack cheese on each bread.
Ah, Pepperjack! So cheesy, so spicy! Such a wonderful compliment for tuna!

I mixed the tuna with just enough mayonnaise to hold it together - you don't want too much, or the tuna will drip out the side. After the Pepperjack was starting to get melty, I covered both pieces of bread with tuna and let it melt a little longer. Finally, I topped off each side with a center-cut slice of tomato, and assembled the whole sandwich just as each piece of bread was a delicious yellowy-brown, buttery, crispity masterpiece.

I ate it with a plum to cleanse my palette, so I could enjoy each bite of the sandwich thoroughly. It was so good, I almost didn't feel like dessert afterward.

* At that very moment, I don't think there was a better sandwich anywhere in the world.

4 Comments:

At 16/8/05 8:32 PM, Blogger anne said...

O-kay...now I'm hungry :)

 
At 16/8/05 10:08 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

that sounds good and i don't even like tuna

 
At 18/8/05 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when we read aloud Farmer Boy. We were all so hungry after reading because L. E. Wilders descriptions were so mouthwatering.
She has met her match!
Hey Bry try out the sourdough at Panera. It is the best!! (well not as good as some of Trader Joes, but a great second) Next choice is the seeded sourdough that they have over in the deli section of Publix. both have sufficed to satisfy my sourdough missing-Trader-Joes-bread hunger.

 
At 18/8/05 9:47 AM, Blogger Wray Davis said...

I'll give them a try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home