7.8.05

Tagged!

Tagged

I was willingly tagged by my sister Jill for this meme game.

1) What is your first memory of baking/cooking on your own?

There was a time when each of us kids had to cook a dinner every week, and we usually each cooked the same thing every week. I cooked "Pizza Casserole". I think that was the first thing I cooked on my own.

2) Who had the most influence on your cooking?

Certainly Mom, who taught me to cook Pizza Casserole, but after that, probably Jill, who gave me the The Joy of Cooking, which has recipes for everything (including roadkill, though I didn't expand my coooking horizons that far).

3) Do you have an old photo as "evidence" of an early exposure to the culinary world, and would you like to share it?

Can't say that I do.

4) Mageiricophobia - do you suffer from any cooking phobia, a dish that makes your palms sweat?

I don't have any phobias, but I don't like working with heat (which is not really conducive to cooking). That's a pretty low hurdle, though. I also don't like it when hot grease splashes (I think I'm more average than phobiac in that regard), so no more cooking bacon in shorts for me!

5) What would be your most valued or used kitchen gadgets and/or what was the biggest letdown?

They're not gadgets, but Kim has bought me several pans that have made cooking much better for me. The biggest letdown was that conforming tong/gripper dealy they advertise on TV by picking up boiled eggs. It fell apart within a couple of weeks.

6) Name some funny or weird food combinations/dishes you really like - and probably no one else!

Wow... there have got to be dozens of those. But I can't seem to sell anyone on grilled ham and peanut butter sandwiches. (It's funny that all of our answers in this category involve peanut butter).

7) What are the three eatables or dishes you simply don't want to live without?

Ice cream.
Granola.
Cheese.

8) Your favorite ice cream...

That's a very close race between Vanilla and Black Cherry.

9) You will probably never eat...

Foods that I'm not exposed to. Anything else is fair game!

10) Your own signature dish...

I believe "Mashed Potatoes with Cheese and Golden Raisins" is now considered my signature dish.

11) You were tagged by...

Jill

12) Three people you'd like to pass this meme on to...

I'm running out of untagged people with blogs! That, and I feel like a host passing on a virus (albeit a benevolent virus) when I replicate it three times, so, I choose KIM!

1 Comments:

At 7/8/05 7:30 PM, Blogger anne said...

Yes, remember when Mom used to buy those gigantic tubs of peanut butter from Costco? We do love our peanut butter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home