1.7.06

Happy Birthday to Me, continued!

No, this isn't another post bragging about my computer.

On Friday I got a call from John Mori of Mori's Luggage (one of the several places I'd applied after learning my days at Netifice were numbered.) This was the job I was terrifically excited about - I thought I was very well suited for it, it was right in the direction I'd been hoping to go from Vans, and it was slightly less of a drive than Netifice. He had an offer for me - slightly more than I'd originally asked for the position (though there had been some serious negotiation after the first interview, he had come up past where I'd started), and he seemed even more excited about me joining the company than I was.

Huzzah!

3 Comments:

At 1/7/06 10:09 PM, Blogger anne said...

Sweet, Bryan! That's awesome.
What will the job be like and what in particular makes you excited about this job?

 
At 1/7/06 10:49 PM, Blogger Wray Davis said...

Well, this one is more like what I was doing at Vans, but even more of the direction I was hoping that job would go. I'll basically be the only IT guy there, so there will be some store support and office support, but the focus of the job is to evangelize the systems they have and figure out how to improve its integration into the company, as well as general process improvement and software training (like Excel).

That's definitely where I wanted to be, but what has me excited is that this job is also going where I want to go - it's explicitly intented to lead into an IT manager of a small IT department, if Mori Luggage continues to grow and do well (which will have something to do with how well I perform), and that's exactly where I wanted to be in 10 years, so maybe now I can do it in 5!

 
At 2/7/06 12:40 PM, Blogger phdendron said...

That great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home