30.1.05

Something to do..

I've got another idea of something I'd like to do, but probably never will, since I already have plenty ideas of things to do that I am already working on.

Tonight while I was driving out to pick up a stuffed crust pizza, I learned that God would not be well-pleased by my tattoo. (Lev. 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.) I'm not sure what the penalty for tattoos are, but most of the other offences in the chapter warranted either death or being cast out from among the people, so things don't look good for me. Of course, I also shave (Lev 19:27) and wear mixed fiber clothing (Lev 19:19), but at least I haven't prostituted out my daughter or unbalanced the weights and measures.

Anyway, what struck me as a good idea was to create a database or wiki listing all of the commandments (Old and New Testament), and their punishment, where applicable. But if anyone knows of something like that out there already, that would be cool.

6 Comments:

At 7/2/05 7:24 PM, Blogger Todd Waldorf said...

Sounds a little bible-belt-ish to me

 
At 7/2/05 7:37 PM, Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

I think an even better idea would be to stop living your life based on literal interpretations of the Bible.

 
At 7/2/05 8:08 PM, Blogger Wray Davis said...

Wino: Splendid idea! I'll have to work on that. Idea for you - perceive subtext.

 
At 7/2/05 8:34 PM, Blogger Wray Davis said...

Todd: Really? Even though the point of it is to point out the inconsistancies of the Bible-belt mentality? (eg it's as bad to shave and wear mixed-fiber clothing as it is to commit incest)

 
At 8/2/05 12:32 PM, Blogger Todd Waldorf said...

Bryan: Not everyone is clever enough to recognise your cleverness. (i.e. Wino)

 
At 8/2/05 12:43 PM, Blogger anne said...

Mark and I are definitely enjoying your running commentary on the Old Testament. Mark re-reading some of the Old Testament for a class he is co-teaching this year. (I think you have almost inspired him to start his own blog.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home